Playing the guitar is fun. Isn’t it cool to play the guitar in public? The claps & appreciation from live audiences may take your confidence to the next level. Besides, learning guitar has tons of benefits from social to health aspects. In today’s article, we will focus on some of the best benefits of a guitar.
1) Boosts confidence
You may be wondering how you could be a confident person by just learning guitar. Hold on!
- Didn’t you notice the guy who knows playing the guitar in your friend circles always gets some extra attention? Because this extra attention acts as a stimulator to boost up their confidence level.
- Besides, you may sometimes get an opportunity to play the guitar in front of your classmates, family members, or a live audience. It is needless to say how much confidence you required to perform.
- Moreover, when you learn something new & do well in that respective field, your inner confidence reveals out. For instance, have you ever watched the attitude of Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton & other all-time popular guitarists? They always give splendid performances. That is because they own the skills & always remain confident in front of millions of viewers.
2) Teaches you a valuable skill
When you involve yourself in learning something new, you gain some experience as well as skills. For example,
- While playing the guitar, you learn the technique of doing multiple things in one go. By these, you become a multi-tasker in later life.
- The guitarists develop a special sense of hearing. Like they can pick up tunes by just hearing. This sort of talent helps them to understand the feelings of others by listening to their voices.
- Learning chords is a difficult task. If you are patient enough to learn this, then you can do the same for your academics. Researchers say Guitar playing helps you to improve your mathematics & English skill.
3) Sharpens your concentration & brings a better version of you
In today’s world, it is not easy to stay focused as there are a lot of things to break down your concentration. Many researchers claim that learning guitar enhances your concentration skills.
- If you have a lesser concentration issue, & for this often misses deadlines, then guitar learning will fix these problems.
- Look, during guitar playing, you remain focused on chords, finger movements, hand coordination & lots more.
- Besides, if you made any mistakes while playing, you try to find out the errors & then try to correct them.
- The entire framework gives you a lesson of staying focused & active for whatever you are doing. This also teaches that if you made any mistakes out of unknowing or negligence, you should try to rectify that.
- Furthermore, the guitarists often fix some time for reading musical theory. This enriches their musical grammar & also increases their attention span.
4) Works on the child’s development
The ideal age to learn guitar starts at the age of six. Because at that age their cognitive function fully develops. If your child starts to learn from that age, it helps them to develop in a better way.
- Like, they learn not only to open chords there. After completing open chords, they want to go for barre chords & lots more.
- This learning attitude always pushes them towards trying new things.
- When they become skilled in playing other songs, they create their own. It eventually makes them creative in their activity.
5) Makes you Disciplined
During learning new things 20 % of people among us end up doing something extraordinary (successful) & 80% of people lag behind that race (brutally fails). But, this 80% are not inferior in talents compared to 20%. The one thing that brings this huge difference is “Discipline “.
- You can’t be a good guitarist if you are not a disciplined person. If it is too hard for you to stick to guitar practice, then you can make a routine & divide the session into 20 minutes chunks.
- You will fail, will make mistakes but will never give up. Your passion will not let you do so. That is clear proof of owning the discipline skill.
- You can set your goals & work on them accordingly. This sort of attitude will help you solve tough problems very easily.
6) Works on mental health
Playing the guitar is a good way to refresh your mind. This is a science-based claim. It acts as a mind boosting therapy. Go over the accompanying portion to know-how :
- If you play the guitar for 100 minutes, it keeps your blood pressure & heart rate at a normal range. Thus, it gives you a refreshing type of feeling throughout your body & mind.
- Playing the guitar is a great way to express your emotion. If you are feeling down, & there is no one to listen to you, pick up the guitar & play. It will take you to another world of fantasy or simply divert your mind.
However, it not only deals with mental health but also improves the overall well being. You will find out the rest in the next.
From a medical point of view, many research works show that it soothes your heart. It has some other advantages too.
- It reduces your pain. Because when you play the guitar, your brain releases dopamine hormone in response. So, you feel good.
- It aids your dementia problem. Like, when you learn guitar, you store new-new information. This later helps you to memorize your daily activities.
- It keeps you stress-free.
- You can take guitar playing as a profession & earn a handsome amount.
- For children who suffer from autism spectrum disorder, guitar playing aids their issues. It becomes a way of communicating & improving your attention skills.
- Lastly, long-duration picking or strumming improves your coordination of movement.
Here, we just give a glimpse of guitar benefits. There are lots more to say. However, playing the guitar may not make you a known figure overnight, but it will set a special space for you within your mates. If you have read our article carefully, then you may have come to know a lot of other advantages to it. So, pick up the guitar & enjoy the immense benefits out of it.